Andrea Cullen is a Nutritional Therapist, Functional medicine practitioner, Pharmacist, and Senior Associate Member of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Andrea has twenty years of experience in the health, fitness, diagnostics, and medical industry. She managed and locumed as a pharmacist across the UK and Ireland for 19 years and runs her private clinic in Annacotty, Limerick since 2003 working with individuals to achieve health and peak sports performance as well as consulting for several large sports organisations such as Rowing Ireland, Athletics Ireland, Munster Rugby, and several GAA hurling and football teams. Andrea draws on a vast toolkit for each and every patient that attends her clinic and has a special passion for endurance sports from cycling, to adventure racing and long course triathlon.
Andrea incorporates energy and intuitive healing into her work; especially in relation to diagnostics and “hearing” what it is the body needs in the moment. A valuable tool to guide those in health and sport and pull apart what is needed specifically for the individual.
Andrea has worked with many sports disciplines from amateur to professional and Olympic level in more than twenty different sports disciplines (track and field, rowing, long distance running, short distance triathlon, long distance triathlon, extreme challenges such as rowing across the Atlantic, slalom canoe, adventure racing, rugby, swimming, GAA football, hurling, professional soccer, boxing, martial arts, para-Olympic (rowing, track and sprinting), high jump, sailing, power lifting, body building, race walking, cross-country, Irish dancing, basketball).
Several of her clients have reached the level of rugby world cups, Heineken cup wins, Olympic games, World championships, Kona ironman world champs, and most importantly, their own personal successes.
In sport Andrea comes from a background of swimming, horse-riding, hockey, tennis and water sports such as sailing and wind-surfing. After a boring stint in the gym in her 30s Andrea currently enjoys the tri-athlete three of swim, bike and run and has an extra passion for trail running, hybrid biking the country roads and being outdoors.
- Pharmacist (Welsh School of Pharmacy, University of Cardiff, Wales, 1997).
- Nutritional therapist (3-year diploma Raworth College, Dorking, Surrey, 2003).
- Senior Associate member of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP) certification with the Institute for Functional Medicine
- Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist Level I (Health and Medical Professionals Certification)
- Experience working with PEMF (Pulsed electromagnetic wave frequency therapy), body composition assessment (BIA, callipers, DEXA), interpretation of blood and other medical tests, functional diagnostic medicine, nutritional supplements, herbs, aromatherapy, crystals.
- Energy healing, land healing, and an ability to connect with the story and emotional/ trauma/ ancestral line of each patient when it feels intuitively right.
Specialist services for athletes:
- Full health, diet and training nutrition specific assessment – e. where are you now and how can we improve this. This option is especially helpful to athletes suffering with challenges such as gastrointestinal issues, fatigue issues, auto-immune diagnosis, anxiety, disordered eating, or chronic pain. This also applies to everyone interested in taking a deep look at their health and diet for the long term as well as peak sports performance.
- Diet and training nutrition assessment – i.e. what are you eating in relation to your training and how can we improve this with your specific goals in mind. This covers the area of metabolic flexibility, periodisation of nutrition, recovery eating and race prep.
- Blood test interpretation – do you have tests that you would like interpreted?
In essence I am a perpetual student of sports nutrition, health, diagnostics medicine, functional medicine, training, how the mind works, spirituality, energy medicine and life.
I will spend a life time trying to answer the questions that my out of the box brain thinks of, and in an eternal quest to seek how to get people where they want to get to in health, fitness, competition, and happiness.
Dream big, live big, regret nothing…..and how is by facing your fears each step at a time.
If you would like to contact Andrea please click into the contact page.